Everyone needs to think about how their wealth will be passed on after death. Most people these days have superannuation assets; many have businesses they operate, or assets in trusts. Talk to us about how you should plan for a smooth succession of assets to your loved ones. The first step is to have a valid Will. However, whilst a Will deals with one’s personally owned “estate” assets, superannuation and trust assets do not necessarily form part of one’s estate and thus may not be directly dealt with via a Will. Consideration should be given to the other necessary strategies to transition the wealth owned in such structures.
Gil-Jones Barker can provide up-to-date advice and help you implement estate planning strategies having regard to your individual circumstances and objectives, including:
- Write a will that maximises the inheritance for your family
- Set up family and testamentary trusts
- Advice in regard to choosing executors and guardians
- Minimise the chance that your will is contested and subject to litigation
- Flag those areas where you need tax advice
- Safely store your will and other important legal documents
- Explain the legal process after a relative has passed on, and post-mortem estate planning
- Advise on guardianship
- Assist with contesting a will, including family provision claims and claims of undue influence
- Representation in probate, estate, and trust litigation
- Estate and trust administration
The Gil-Jones Barker Difference:
Experience, teamed with compassion – Making your final arrangements or coping with the estate of a loved one can be very stressful. Put our decades of experience serving probate clients to work for you. Our thoughtful, accurate and timely handling of your loved one’s personal and financial matters will help smooth the process and reduce stress as much as possible. You can confidently leave your estate mattersin our hands.
Affordability – Gil-Jones Barker is committed to providing great service in all areas of probate, trust and estate planning at affordable rates. At this stressful time, don’t let unexpected legal fees add to your worries.
Meet our Wills and Estate Planning Law Team
Contact our experienced, compassionate and affordable Canberra estate lawyers today for a 15-minute free phone consultation with Russell Patrick, Michelle Friesen or Anna Yan.
For information on how to get in touch with us visit our Contact Us page